Last Updated October 11, 2019.
While I’ve read hundreds of marketing books and a few nonprofit marketing books I still wanted to dive deep into a few more as I kick off this site. There’s really not too many books on the topic of nonprofit marketing, so I picked a few with the most Amazon reviews and a third from a recognized marketing textbook writer (Phillip Kotler).
The three books:
- Ben Delaney’s Nonprofit Marketing Handbook: The hands-on guide to marketing and communications in nonprofit organizations
- Strategic Marketing for Non-Profit Organizations (7th Edition)
- The Nonprofit Marketing Guide: High-Impact, Low-Cost Ways to Build Support for Your Good Cause
Book reviews to come…
Okay, I’m kind of a voracious learner. I’m also reading or listening to:
- The Servant – Required reading from my boss at Bethany.
- The B2B Growth Podcast
- Everything produced by incomeschool.com
- Cracking the Sales Management Code – I listened the audible book and am now slowly reading through this with BGU’s admissions team.
Major Nonprofit Work Projects
I might have bitten off more than I can chew this year at Bethany International, but in addition to all my usual responsibilities we have taken on some big projects.
- Bethany International’s 75th Anniversary: We are still in the planning process, but with 2020 coming soon, we will be launching this year-long campaign soon.
- JustDisciple.com: I believe blogging for SEO is going to see a resurgence, so we are 10x(ing) our blog production output through a new website called justdisciple.com. We are literally aiming for publishing 13-21 blogs a week with a minimum word count of 1,200 words. It just started a few weeks ago. Oh, did I mention there is a weekly live video as well? Currently, we are in the process of smoothing out the processes so our team of BGU students can manage 80% of the workload required to produce this enormous amount of content.
- Battling New User Behavior on Instagram: For BGU’s college recruitment, we have been killing it on Facebook/Instagram ads for years now. Sadly, within the last 6 months, user bahavior has changed from scrolling through the feed to swiping through stories enough that our ads are taken a hit. I am trying to figure out how to replicate our newsfeed ad success in story ads now.
- Transition from Raiser’s Edge to Salesforce: This has been two years in the making, but we are in the final stages now. We have now stopped using RE and are doing data cleanup to Salesforce while we begin to train our advancement and finance teams on how to use the new CRM.
Growth Guide Projects
I had been focusing on creating a blog around vlogging over the last few months, but just recently decided to pivot that site to GrowthGuide.co where I can focus more on a subject that I have more expertise in. I’m currently transitioning all the content over from growthguide.co to growthguide.co to make this happen and developing the basic pages (like this one) on growthguide.co.